Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Grace

I miss the days of my youth. Okay, some of the days - I can do without the whisper of memories - being stuffed in trash cans, crammed into school lockers, and openly mocked because I was tiny, unattractive, and good natured.

The theme is funny - looking, ha ha speaking, mostly - the conversation is about an embarrassment of blessings even though I am vastly ineligible. Let's discuss. Have you ever had something in your head that was exploding to get out, and yet was as absent as the Sun at midnight? The person who knows what is best for you, for everyone, in fact, and just purports opinions. I used to be that guy!

Experience has taught me that I know less than the next person - well maybe not less, but not any more. So the elephant in the room (on this paper) is screaming, "Why are you writing then, if you don't have superior intelligence, or an overwhelming experience?" The answer is simple. I need to express myself.

Expression comes to some in oratory, others in music, and many other facets of life. I can talk until your ears bleed, but I rarely get to a point. In my writing I can edit, rewrite, erase, and even use visual aids to get a point across. Am I assuming that I am a better writer than speaker? The answer is no - resoundingly! I just have the ability to be better, but that doesn't make it so.

There are people with which I wish I could hang out, or sit and talk to, or just follow around for laughs. I saw this story on Pinterest - click the link now, then come back and finish - I'll wait.
The story of Shane is a humorous reality - an example of how people love life.

My God made me to live and commune with Him here on earth. He gave me this twisted sense of humor. He has also shaped my growth as a man who truly loves to worship and celebrate being His follower. I have weaknesses, or failings, and miraculously through my booboos He can be glorified, exalted, and seen for the Great and Awesome God He is.

When Paul says he put childish things away when he became a man in I Corinthians 13, I see what he means now more clearly. We learn, grow, and thrive as children - and then we learn that things like blurting out conversations in private are not wise, or that if we don't pick up our toys they get lost or broken. We learn to fix our meals to keep hunger at bay, and we gravitate to people that make us feel love and comfort.

Paul told the Roman church to build up the weaker and Praise God  - and the Bible is to teach us -  Rom 15. 1-4. It is this example of building up my friends and family that I write to you - be glad, be active, and be involved. God loves you and wants you to talk with Him

No comments: