Friday, February 2, 2007

Who Will Tell Them

written in 1991 by me

Oh Father, how do they ignore You?
After all You've done for them -
Will they ever learn,
Will they ever learn?

A little boy in the yard at play,
three years young -
needlessly taken away
by a lone stray gang's bullet -

Why don't these young men know
Jesus loves them so -
Who will tell them?

Oh Father, why do we ignore You?
After all You've done for us -
Will we ever learn,
Will we ever learn?

A young girl looks for some love to feel -
The baby has come -
Now the responsibility's real -
And she's more lonely!

Why can't this poor mom see
Jesus will always be
Her peace and salvation -

Oh Father, how can I forsake You?
After all You've done for me -
Will I ever learn,
Will I ever learn?

2 comments:

Heather said...

Exactly.

This is my first time here, but I saw your site as a referring link, and there I am as a "blogger with brains!" You humble me. :)

Can I ask how you came by my place? I love the blogosphere's 6 degrees (or less) of separation - I find it very fascinating.

God bless your day today.
Heather

rockymtn.hello said...

little miss red - i was trying to decompress after class one night and "next blog"ging, when your sight popped up, and growing up in lakewood, graduating from green mtn. h.s., i saw you were from co. - i read, and was entertained - thank you for sharing!